I would like to wish all of my patients, friends, and supporters a very happy New Year! For some reason, with the turning of the year, people also come out of the post holiday rest and slumber ready to turn a new leaf and begin those positive changes in their lives that they have been putting off. Many people resolve to lose weight and to get into shape. Sadly, most of those fresh resolutions don't stick past a few weeks due to many reasons, such as lack of support, loss of motivation, frustration with progress, and perhaps lack of proper instruction on how to do this properly.
About 2 years ago I started using the Ultra Lite Weight Loss for Life program at my clinic. Dozens of women (men can do it too, though for some reason my practice has more women in it) have now successfully utilized this program successfully to lose anywhere from those 10 extra pounds to working through losing 100 pounds.
The program works because
1. we are calibrating the diet to a specific protein/ carbohydrate ratio so that the body loses fat, not muscle. This is important because your muscle is your fat burning engine. Most diets (including one very popular one) have you losing a little bit of everything, fat, muscle, organ tissue etc. This is a problem because you end up with less muscle mass than where you started. When you gain back some weight it is even harder to lose because you have lost muscle mass.
2. We eliminate the most common food allergens from the diet so that you are not retaining water, nor is your "engine" running less efficiently.
3. We reign in portion size. Most Americans eat way too large portions than what they need.
4. Exercise is included, like in any self respecting food plan.
5. It is sustainable because the insulin levels are balanced with this diet so there are minimal hunger pangs (after the 1st week or so) and no wacky cravings.
If you would like more information please call the office at (303) 443-2206 to set up a time to chat or meet. This program will soon be available via Skype for distance patients.
We are once again presenting a Naturopathic licensing bill to the Colorado State legislature. If you would like to support this effort in any way, please click the link under the "Quicklinks" section of this page. Thank you.
Also please join my business Facebook page via the link under "Quicklinks" for additional health tips and recipes posted a few times per week.